FedEx/WesPac Pipelines – Memphis, TN 2006
Matrix Service was the EPC contractor and subcontractor manager for the FedEx jet fuel storage and grassroots terminal project at the Memphis International Airport. The scope of work for the tanks included the completion of the pipeline receipt tanks, transmix tank, and issue tanks.
The additional scope of work for the terminal expansion included three-stage filtration trains, outgoing pump systems, truck load/unload rack, control building, civil, electrical with backup generating capability to serve the entire facility, and associated terminal facilities. During the course of the project, Matrix completed all of the earthwork, paving, concrete, structural steel, and process piping.
This turnkey alliance project was completed ahead of schedule.
Scope of Work
- (3) 80,000 BBL pipeline receipt tanks
- (3) 30,000 BBL issue tanks
- 5,000 BBL transmix tank
- (2) three-stage filtration trains
- Pump systems
- Four-lane truck load/unload rack
- 460,000 cubic yards of earth work
- 190,000 square feet of paving
- 3,100 cubic yards of concrete
- 22,000 feet of process piping